Ratnadurg Fort/Ratnagiri Fort is a fort located 2km from Ratnagiri, in Ratnagiri district, of Maharashtra. This fort is an important fort in Ratnagiri district. The fort is a main tourist attraction due to the Bhagawati Temple inside the fort.
This fort was built during the Bahamani period. In 1670 Shivaji Maharaj won the fort from the hands of Adil Shah of Bijapur. King Shivaji Maharaj had built protecting towers on two commanding points, one at the south and the other near the old court house. The Citadel defense was improved by Kanhoji Angre in 1750-1755 . Dhondu Bhaskar Pratinidhi did some minor repairs to the fort during Peshwa regime (1755-1818). The Fort was later won by the British in 1818.The temple of Bhagavati was renovated in 1950.
The lighthouse is situated on one side of the fort.Inside the fort is Bhagawati temple, a pond and a well. There is a cave below the fort. The strongest of all the bastion is Rede Buruj.